Current submissions under review
The National Standards Sub Committee (NSsC) is currently reviewing the following applications:
Add Sodium Hydroxide as a pH adjuster under the cosmetic section 3.1
Amend the wording in Section 1.16.7 to add a footnote on page 25 that states that the exception for synthetic methionine will expire on July 1, 2024. The Poultry Guidance document will also expire at this sunset date because it will no longer be relevant.
Add the word “synthetic” in front of amino acid isolates and methionine in Guidance Document Poultry 1.1 and National Standard 1.16.7 and 1.17.7.
Public comments for each will close on April 30th 2019
The National Standards Sub Committee has completed discussion on the following submissions:
- Use of compost in Mushroom Production – Accepted
- Review of GMO Contamination Procedures – Rejected
- Review of honey and drought provisions conversion times packaging – Rejected
- Review of GMO Conversion Periods – Rejected
- Removal of Rotenone for plant products – Accepted
Attention Secretariat, National Standards Sub Committee
C/- Department of Agriculture
GPO Box 858
Canberra ACT 2601.
Public Comment Phase is 60 calendar days.
The NSsC meets four times per year.
The 2019 NSsC meeting dates are: Jan 23, April 24, July 31, and Oct 24-25 .
2019 Submission dates for applications are Jan 1, April 1, July 1, October 1