Current submissions under review
The National Standard sub-Committee (NSsC) is currently reviewing the following applications:
Amend the wording in Section 1.16.7 to add a footnote on page 25 that states that the exception for synthetic methionine will expire on July 1, 2024. The Poultry Guidance document will also expire at this sunset date because it will no longer be relevant. (Download)
Add the word “synthetic” in front of amino acid isolates and methionine in Guidance Document Poultry 1.1 and National Standard 1.16.7 and 1.17.7. (Download)
Public comments for the above closed on May 30th 2019
Insert Wine requirements into the National Standard (Download)
Public Comment Phase closed 20th November 2019.
Clarification on Container Growing.
Public Comment Phase to open soon.
The National Standards Sub Committee has completed discussion on the following submissions:
- Use of compost in Mushroom Production – Accepted
- Review of GMO Contamination Procedures – Rejected
- Review of honey and drought provisions conversion times packaging – Rejected
- Review of GMO Conversion Periods – Rejected
- Removal of Rotenone for plant products – Accepted
- Add Sodium Hydroxide as a pH adjuster under the cosmetic section 3.1 Accepted
- Insert Sodium Metabisulphite (223) for use in Cider Production in Appendix I Table A8. Rejected
- Wild caught Tuna. Rejected
Written public comments are welcome regarding the submissions listed for public comment – please submit to email@example.com or post to
Attention Secretariat, National Standard sub-Committee
C/- Organic Program – Department of Agriculture
GPO Box 858
Canberra ACT 2601.
Public Comment Phase is 60 calendar days.
The NSsC meets four times per year.
The 2020 NSsC meeting dates are: Jan 22, April 22, July 29, and Oct 20-21.
2020 Submission dates for applications are Jan 1, April 1, July 1, October 1